Dr.Amita
Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.Faculty at a leading tertiary care teaching hospital.
20638885

Dear Doctor: I am a woman who is now approaching the age of

Dear Doctor: I am a woman who is now approaching the age of 60 years on a 4 weekly injection of Dipixol for schizophrenia (50 mg every 4 weeks ) and on no other medication. My schizophrenia is very well controlled and now I live an almost normal life.
I have not been diagnosed with any other disorder or disease. However over the last two years I have noticed that my urine has become almost clear with no yellow colour I drink quite a lot of water every day- approximately 1.5 litres a day- I thought the clear
colour was due to the water I consumed every day, but in recent months and weeks I have noticed that the colour is the same irrespective of how much water I drink. There are no other abnormal symptoms in my bodily functions that I am aware of to suggest that
something major is either onsetting or already advanced. Please can you throw some light on this matter. Sarah Anna Peters
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 1 year ago.
Dear *****hI am Dr.Amita and I would be helping you today.I understand that you did not get an answer for a long time but unfortunately we experts have no control on the time when we get these questions on our list.You do not have anything to fear.Abnormal coloration of urine can indicate a disease at times but a clear urine does not indicate any disease.When you have this knowledge concomitant with absence of any symptoms it indicates that this is normal and does not indicate any disease.Please be assured that you are fine.