Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I'm a mum of nearly 3yr old twins and while ive thought

hi I'm a mum of nearly 3yr old twins and for a while ive thought I might have a thyroid problem but didn't know if it was just stress. I have irregular periods when for yrs you could set your clock by them I gain weight very easy even when I'm eating fairly healthy I'm tired a lot I had a period where I was loosing a lot of hair I have a low mood lack of energy I sometimes get a tingling sensation in my fingers and feel achy sometimes like the start of a flu and recently sometimes feel a bit light headed like when u stand up too quick I would be grateful for ant advice x
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 2 years ago.
Dear customer, Thanks for contacting Justanswer. Did you have your thyroid hormones tested? What was the result?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no I haven't had a test

Dear customer, Thanks for you reply. With these symptoms you need to definitely get tested for thyroid dysfunction, since most of your symptoms may be due to low thyroid hormones and an under-active thyroid. If the result shows low thyroid hormones then by taking a daily medication of thyroid replacement your symptoms will decrease. Regarding the light headedness you need to get examined by your doctor and have your blood pressure checked, since having a low blood pressure may present with this symptom. Take care.