DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I am 21 years old and in the army, I have a few problems

Hello I am 21 years old and in the army, I have a few problems that I need the answer to. My body cannot seem to control it's temperature it's either to hot or to cold. I also can never improve my cardio, I have low sex drive and through self diagnosis which I know is the worst sometimes seems to point to the pituitary gland, can you offer any help?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis more often points to the thyroid gland.TSH and T4 need to be checked.They will tell you that TSH up to 4.5 is "normal"But anything over 2 to 2.5 can be a problem.Testosterone levels, total, free and bioavailable, along with an SHBG should also be checked, along with an AM cortisol level. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why can this be a problem if anything over 2? Also what will I receive to resolve this issue? Speaking to military doctors offered me nothing more than a blood test when I explained this to him. I'm also always behind in fitness though i.e running although weights I'm ok, i have a long recovery time though.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Because the higher the TSH, the more sluggish the thyroid.
And guidelines on the lab values have new recommendations.
OF course, your heart needs to be worked up as well.
I would discuss all of the issues I have mentioned with them.
please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand that cardio has to be worked at I set aside my weight training programme for a cardio programme and had no change even though my mind is still pushing me. Can this all be linked?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And if so the thyroid may be sluggish what else should I be experiencing?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
What I said is that the doctors need to make sure your heart is OK.
The symptoms can all be connected through hormonal problems, as one major possibility, assuming this is not simply you, and the way you are built. However, I would not make that assumption.
Good luck.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you for your time, have a good day.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome anytime
any questions.
Please don't forget to rate positive [we are only paid per positive rating and for bonuses].
Good luck.
Let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry before I leave, is this all done from a simple blood test for the thyroid?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Simple blood test.
Find me by request as needed. I am here daily.
Please don't forget the rating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
anytime
any questions
Use "for Dr. Thomas only" in any requested question to me.
Let me know if you have any problems with the rating system.