Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

My name is ***** ***** am 23, i have had eczema on and of

Customer Question

hello my name is ***** ***** am 23, i have had eczema on and of all my life it seems to flare up randomly here and there but never seemed to have totally got rid of it! at the minute it is bad for m,e i get it on my neck, patches on my back, patches on inner elbow, and upper chest. ive have tried numerious creams and had creams prescribed form Dr's before and at the minute i dont really know what will help anymore it seem by body is used to all creamss!! any ideas? ive considered tanning/uv but there are good and bad read ups!?!
i would love some advise please
thanks.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lorna. First question--have you seen a dermatologist about this and was the diagnosis eczema and not, say, psoriasis?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes i have seen a dermatolgist, and yes it is ezcema...

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--have you had a biopsy of the patches? And can you tell me what creams have been tried?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no, have never had a biopsy.

i did list out some if the creams on the first page i submitted....?!

E45, Aveno, Fucibet/Fuciden, Betnovate, Dermotvate, Doublebase, various Hydrocortisones.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK Lorna. I personally would prescribe you either tacrolimus or pimcrolimus cream since it sounds like you have an inflammatory eczema that isn't responsive to what you've tried before. I've found these to be very effective so I suggest you ask your doctor about them.

Let me know if you need more information please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

appreciate your help, i dont really want to pay £24 when i need to go to see a doctor again anyway?! trust u understand. this is the 1st time ive used this service and wasnt too sure what to expect, it is helpful to know this sort of thing is available but when a Dr is free to visit, i suggest i will go an see my local doctor. the 2 creams you suggested i have never heard off but will mention to my doctor not sure if this is something you can get in the UK? i notice googling it that one of them come from new zealand?!

will the money be released back to me?

appreciate your time on this though.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Lorna, all we can do here is give you answers to your questions so I don't understand the negative rating. Yes these are available in the UK. I would ask that you please reconsider and give me a positive rating for the time I've spent with you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok thanks for your time Dr Chip, i have reviewed my rating.

many thanks.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Lorna