Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

How serious is it to have a bleed when a doctor is removing

Customer Question

How serious is it to have a bleed when a doctor is removing a turmor from your bile duct
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David

that depends on where the bleeding is coming from and if the bleeding has stopped or not.

was this for a family member of yours who had the surgery?

was this an open surgery or a laproscopic surgery or from an endoscopic ultrasound procedure like an ERCP?

the bile duct goes through the pancreas and into the liver.

how big was the tumor?

where was the bleeding coming from?

has the bleeding stopped?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's my husband going in for operation don't know how big its is they say it's a polop it's being done by Endoscopic the doctor keeps saying it could bleed need to know how serious it is say they will have a surgeon ready encase of bleed
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
I see.a polyp is usually small in the bile duct.the should be able to control the bleeding.there is always a small risks for bleeding with surgery.he should not be on aspirin or coumadin or warfarin or blood thinners at this point.the surgeons know what to do if there is a bleed. they can put in sutures and stop the bleeding.they have cautery also to burn and scar over areas of bleeding.best of luck to you and himlet me know how it goeslet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com