Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I had a tooth out around 7 weeks ago and the area around the

Customer Question

I had a tooth out around 7 weeks ago and the area around the tooth is still swollen I went back to my dentist and she gave me antibodies but has worked
The area of the tooth extraction is fineThe dentist also took xray said it was OK but could be caused by a sinus infection which I do suffer with but I have had no real problem with this at the momen
I am going on holiday tomorrow for 2 weeks and am frightened it could swell up on the plane what can I do to reduce the swelling please
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David

you should be rinsing your mouth with salt water 4-8 times a day. salt water rinses is a great way to kill bacteria and keep your mouth clean

you should also have a course of antibitoics on hand just in case on holiday in case you develop a sinus infection

you should be taking allergy medications like allegra or zyrtec or claritin and using steroid nasal sprays to help your sinus symptoms.

eat soft foods and rinse your mouth out with salt water after meals.

and your tooth socket should heal up fine.

let me know if you have questions.