Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I am a 16 year old girl just taken 20 co codamol, 8 paracetamol

Customer Question

I am a 16 year old girl just taken 20 co codamol, 8 paracetamol and 5 codeine last night. Shortly after I collapsed and was out cold for 1 minute rushed into hospital where I vomited and was put on IV drip, then I was allowed home. What do the next 24-48 hours hold for me, will I die?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.If you have not been seen by a psychiatrist, you must be seen ASAP.If you have suicidal thoughts or impulses you must call the suicide helpline.If your conditions worsens you must all the ambulance.You will most likely be okay as far as I am concerned.You must inform someone close to you about this who should stay around you.Let me know if you have more questions.Rate me when you are done.Regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
This session is open for any number of further questions or comments that you have.
Do not rate me until you are done asking or are satisfied.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My skin was also rashy and I had a blood pressure of 96/64. My vomit when I got home was green as well
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Your blood pressure certainly is on the lowe side and you must keep yourself well hydrated.
Green colored vomiting means that it has bile mixed in it.
If the vomiting is severe you must go to the ED again.
Let me know if you have more questions.
I would appreciate a positive rating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So you think nothing shall happen to me in the next 48 hours, even though it could still be possibly damaging my liver?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Yes nothing shall happen.
You can have your liver function test repeated after 48 hours just to be on the safe side but seems like nothing serious or anything to worry about as far as I am concerned.
If your symptoms worsen then obviously you must be seen ASAP.