Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I stopped smoking in 2007 and was told that my symptoms with

I stopped smoking in 2007 and was told that my symptoms with COPD would slow down. The exact opposite has happened and I am beginning to wonder if buying a diesel car in 2008 could be making my condition very much worse than expected?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Have you had a full cardiac workup and spirometry to measure your lung function?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes - I have now been diagnosed with emphasyma

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Angela. Yes a diesel car with its fumes can cause emphsema and COPD in susceptible people. If you still drive one I suggest you switch to a regular engine type car. You may also need an inhaler and Singulair to help with the breathlessness.

Let me know if you need more information please