How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 32678
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

I just discovered a small lump about the size of a garden pea

Resolved Question:

i just discovered a small lump about the size of a garden pea at the bottom of my scrotum what can it be and should i see my doctor right away
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. It probably is either a varicocele--a tangle of small veins inside your scrotum--or if it's in the skin of the scrotum it's likely a benign cyst. Neither is anything serious but since I can't examine you it would be best to have your doctor take a look next week Let me know if you need any more information please
Dr. Chip and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank yuo for puting my mind at rest for now,ihave an appointment with doctor next week and will mention it to him.C.Rooney your rating is excellent

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
My pleasure Charles but besides saying the rating is excellent you need to click on the excellent smiley face icon too
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Charles--are you having trouble rating my service?