Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I'm a male aged 35. I suffer from health anxiety but have

Customer Question

hi I'm a male aged 35. I suffer from health anxiety but have being doing great and an slowly coming off citraplam I am currently on 5mg. The last few days I have been feeling itchy. Itch for a few seconds then itch somewhere else. I have lost count off
the amount of health anxiety symptoms I have had. I was wondering could this be a withdrawl symptom or anxiety symptom. I think it is worse when I think about it. I currently have a cold so don't know if that is relevant. I am worried about lymphoma as I read
itchy skin was a symptom. My lymph nodes are all normal so I don't know if itchy skin is a symptom without swollen lymph nodes. I may add I have always had this itching when I start to sweat in the gym so don't know if my skin is maybe dry. Have I anything
to worry about ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. This could either be withdrawal or anxiety but it could also reflect either a kidney or a liver problem or even an allergy. I don't think you need worry about any cancer here but I would suggest you have your doctor check things out if you haven't recently had liver and kidney function testing Let me know if you need more information please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had a full blood check done at the end of April and all was 100% normal and I have being feeling great training 5 times a week
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Then it isn't likely either a liver nor a kidney problem and most likely it's just due to your anxiety
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Even if my test was back in April it still covers me now. I really don't want to go back to my gp because I'm there all the time and I'm trying to not be a regular visitor anymore. I can deal with the itching if I know it isn't lymphoma but I take it there would be other things going on aswell as itching. I can sleep fine the itching doesn't stop me sleeping and I know what a swollen lymph node is like from having glandular fever in my teens and one was the size of a kidney bean
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Yes that would still cover you now. This definitely isn't lymphoma. I'd say this itching problem will resolve itself fairly soon
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
To be honest I was totally anxiety free and had nothing to worry about and woke up sweating and panicked it was lymphoma but then went and checked my kids and they where sweating aswell my wife likes the house to be warm but I had looked up sweating and lymphoma came up aswell as itching and low and behold the next day I started feeling itchy but no more sweats with less clothing on in bed so it does sound like its my anxiety/ head creating this
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
You really shouldn't Google symptoms like that--it can scare the bejeesus out of people. I'm certain this is just your anxiety
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Many thanks I know Google doesn't give you the whole picture deep down I know if it was lymphoma I would be pretty ill and my lymph nodes would be very swollen etc would you agree. It is like putting headache into Google and the most answers will be brain tumour
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I fully agree you can do away with any worry about lymphoma
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Many thanks have a good day
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
You too and call on me any time