Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have terrible anxiety, over last two years periods got shorter

I have terrible anxiety, over last two years periods got shorter and lighter, I'm 41. fight or flight response is always activated, little to no sleep without tablets antidepressants don't work, blood test two months ago showed oestrogen on low side
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for query,The symptoms you mentioned might be because of hormonal imbalance and as your periods are getting lighter and estrogen is on lower side you might be heading towards menopause. I would suggest you must visit your gynecologist to have thorough examination and investigation so that if you need hormonal replacement therapy it could be started.Please do leave a positive rating for the service.Wish you good health.