Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

When drinking even one pint my kidneys hurt next morning for

when drinking even one pint my kidneys hurt next morning for most of the day
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query. What is your age and gender? What kind of pain do you have, dull aching or sharp and stabbing?Where exactly do you feel the pain?Do you have any burning while you urinate? Previously diagnosed medical conditions?Are you on any medication?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I filled in
Male , 19
No pain when uriinating
Servre Aching pain in sides (kidneys ? )
No other conditions
No current medication
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
And this happens after every time you have a pint?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes weather it's one or three which is the most I have now same pain even when I used to have sprites or beers all night but since this problem has dragged on I don't drink heaps
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Alright thanks for the details.You seem to be having a problem with all fizzy drinks. These drinks contain artificial sweeteners and phosphates in diet sodas can still contribute to kidney stones, dysfunction and pain. Some people who already are prone to having kidney stones or have debris in the urinary tract are more liable to experience flank pain originating from the kidneys or the ureters. Drinking a lot of water before or after consumption of such drinks usually alleviates the morning pain. Beer and some fizzy drinks also cause dehydration which further aggravates pain originating from the kidneys.I would suggest that you get your kidney function tests (blood test), urine routine examination and an ultrasound of the Kidney, ureter and bladder (KUB) done to rule out presence of pre existing kidney or ureteric stones, debris or a urinary tract infection.Hope this helps.Please do leave a positive rating for the service.If you have any queries, let me know.Best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does not happen with fizzy drinks just spirits and beer
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Okay. The mechanism remains the same. The dehydration caused by spirits and beer along with the phosphate content and preservatives potentials pre existing kidney conditions and cause pain and also can cause new onset kidney pain. This has to be evaluated by the physician I mentioned previously. Please leave a positive rating for the service. Best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lastly the doctor won't go any further with this I'm at a brick wall I don't want to use him due to lengthy time to get here
We're can I go who can I go to get this properly and efficiently felt with
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply.
If you want to go through the NHS, then without your primary you can't proceed. Or you can get the ultrasound and the lab work done privately and see a urologist directly. But this will not be on the NHS.
If you want to go through the NHS, then good communication and discussion with your doctor will yield good results towards progress.
Please do leave a positive rating.
Best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I don't get the right response required I there a governing body or who can I take this forward with I'm 19 and I don't feel this is right to be given such a blank answer from a doctor
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for replying.
You're right and I agree with you that this should be checked.
You can go to the hospital administration of you do not get the right response or have any queries or questions about your doctor's opinion.
Please leave a positive rating.
Best.