Internist
Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  MBBS,MD (USA)Diplomate American Board of Internal Medicine
23050427

I have felt 'unwell' time now. I had an incredibly

Customer Question

I have felt 'unwell' for some time now. I had an incredibly stressful year up until July so constantly felt exhausted.
I had a tvt a 18 months ago and since then I have had incredibly heavy periods and bouts of constipation and diarrhoea.
My diet is generally good and occasionally I eat super healthy and other times super unhealthy.
I have pain in my uterus with every period but it starts from ovulation. Last month (mid cycle) I had a day where I was having contractions with my body bearing down (as though in labour) as though trying to expel something. Nothing was expelled thank goodness!
I suffered with bronchitis just over a year ago and this morning when I woke I felt very heavy chested and felt as though another bout was coming my way. However, I have had periods throughout the day when it hasn't felt so uncomfortable. When it is uncomfortable it feels different to bronchitis in that it doesn't hurt to breathe in and out but hurts all the time and feels as though I am not breathing as deeply as usual. It is also making me feel quite sick. I have, just now, had a real feeling of wanting to bear down again as though which is very strange and I don't understand what that could be.
I am not sure if the two are linked. I have felt extraordinarily tired for a couple of months now. Could this all be stress related? In which case I will ignore it all. Or, should I visit my gp? I don't want to waste his time. Many thanks for taking the time to read this.
Expert:  Internist replied 2 years ago.
Dear JA customer,sorry to hear about your problem,your symptoms are stress related , but they are not psychological ( meaning cause of symptoms is stress, but symptoms are real)it is very common to have pain with start of mensturation and is due to release of prostaglandins and is called dysmenorrhea. treatment is with anti inflammatory drugs, like naproxen.for alternating constipation, diarrhea and abdominal pain , it is most likely due to irritable bowel syndrome , specially if there is no blood in stools,.and pain improves after bowel movement.i would recommend to have a regular follow-up with docotr.for IBS low carb diet, low fiber and atispasmodic on as needed basis. If You have any follow up questions,feel free to ask. If the answer satisfies your query,Kindly click 'ACCEPT'. Positive Feedback and Bonus will be highly appreciated.Regards.
Expert:  Internist replied 2 years ago.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drhashmimd/?rpt=3800