Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I have a sore neck,on the left hand side.My right foot is a

Customer Question

I have a sore neck,on the left hand side.My right foot is a bit numb,my right hand is the same.I saw a Doctor on the 18th,was told to take pain relievers.It is worse now except when I am in bed.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David
you could have a slipped disk in your neck causing neck pain and also putting pressure on your spinal cord causing right foot numbness and right hand numbness.
you really need a neck cervical spine MRI scan with contrast.
it can be very difficult to get an MRI scan in the UK
ask your GP doctor if you can get a neck xray or CT scan to look at the bones of your neck
and see if you can get a neck MRI scan
you might need a steroid injection into your neck spine in areas of disk herniation if there is pressure on nerves or spinal cord in your neck
you might need oral anti-inflammatory agents like ibuprofen or naproxen sodium to help decrease inflammation in your neck.
paracetamol is only tylenol and doesn't have anti-inflammatory properties like NSAIDs (ibuprofen, naproxen) does
let me know if you have questions.