Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I had an abscess on my bum a couple of weeks ago & went to

Customer Question

I had an abscess on my bum a couple of weeks ago & went to see my gp he referred me to hospital they were going to drain it but it burst before they done the procedure & put me on co-amoxiclav & let me go home I finished these a week ago but it is still leaking a very small amount but I just had a bath & was drying off & quite a lot came out and I am unsure if I should be worried or not
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi. It's actually very good that it drained on its own and is still draining. Getting rid of all that pus will allow the antibiotics to eradicate the bacteria causing the infection. Really no need for worry here. Let me know if you need more information please