DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I take thyroccyn as I had thyroid surgery 4 years ago, i have

I take thyroccyn as I had thyroid surgery 4 years ago, i have been ok, on 75 to 100 mg ( some changes) the doctor asked me to do 3 days 75 and 1 day 100mg.
My last blood test shows TSh at 22.07 and doctor called me in suggesting i might have forgotten to take well regularly
Has asked me to take 120 now every day to correct TSH
Is this correct i always think i myst take less as I feel bit unsell, and lime when my thyroid was overactive,,
Is upping the dose the right thing to do?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
HelloThis is correct.That TSH is very high and you are extremely hypothyroid.In fact, you should have a tsh in 6 weeks and if still over 2.5 you might need an increased dose once again.Upping the dose was exactly the think to do.Unless you are having severe symptoms, then even IV in the hospital is used....usually the tsh is higher in those cases.I am a double board certified doctor at the 100th percentile in the nation on testing in endocrinology.You can find me daily by request.Please click a positive rating on this post, but come back for further questions if needed.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Did you have further questions?Can you see the answer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi thank you,
I am having some unpleasant symptoms, but my doctor said she only wanted a blood test in 8 weeks which i find strange, anyhow please what do you mean with IV in hospital?
Is 125 a day going to be enough for me to feel better in few days?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
8 weeks is quite right and up to date.You should have a test every eight weeks until your TSH is down to 1.Hospital only if severe symptoms...not common.By the way, you can save time and effort by finding me any day of the week by request, using a long request lock and "For Dr. Thomas only" in the title.I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed, in the medical catetory, for correct, safe and accurate answers.