Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

As part of a stupid dare I did 3 days ago, I inserted a hot

Customer Question

As part of a stupid dare I did 3 days ago, I inserted a hot pepper into my anus for around 3 minutes.
Ever since I experience a watery leak and I'm nut sure I have the same power of contracting my sphincter. I also noticed a small hemorrhoid being expressed. I think I'm also constipated for few days so I do not know if my symptoms are due to potential permanent damage I might have done to my nerves or my sphincter or is it just due to rectal mucosa inflammation hence the hemorrhoid or is it due to constipation + panic as I learnt potential risks of my action after the facts and I'm really anxious and panicked that I might have done permanent damage now. During the dare I experienced some inflammation but not significant pain.. Is it possible to have done damage to my nerves or any permanent damage? Should I get a specialist to consult me?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your concerns today.
I am sorry to hear about your problem.
I do not think that there would have been any permanent damage inside.
It should improve gradually over the next week or two.
I would, however, like that you should be examined to make sure everything is okay.
The possibility of permanent nerve damage is non-existent.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Please rate me by clicking on one of the stars.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your prompt answer doctor!

Just 2 more reply questions please:

Is there a chance of anal sphincter damage (internal or external) or is it just mucosa inflammation + hemorrhoid that cause the watery leak and?

The symtoms have gone better since 3 days ago, if they go better it's the latter (inflammation + hemorrhoid) rather than any permanent damage?

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
It is the inflammation caused by the hot pepper that is causing watery leak which should settle gradually as the inflammation subsides over a period of a week or two. So you should be okay in due course of time.
Yes that is absolutely true.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you so much for putting my mind at ease!

It was a stupid thing of me to do (the dare) and I shall not be such an idiot but I wanted to know if my stupidity has caused permanent rather than transient damage!

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
I understand your concerns.
But again, not something to worry about as far as I am concerned.