DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have a history of anxiety and low mood, and at times feelings

Customer Question

I have a history of anxiety and low mood, and at times feelings of self-harm (though haven't done this for three years) and suicidal feelings. I struggle with loneliness and find it hard to deal with feelings sometimes and wonder whether I should have a test for Borderline Personality Disorder?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Nothing you are describing directly indicates borderline personality at all.
This sounds more like a mood disorder.
Of course , you need formal testing, in a PhD clinical psychologists offer, to be exact about this.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.