Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I had Implanon removed last week after five weeks of heavy

I had Implanon removed last week after five weeks of heavy bleeding and 10 months of difficulty.The withdrawal bleed was so heavy I ended up in A& E and was given medication to stop bleeding and oral progesterone .
I had a sensation like a vibration in my left lower corner of my stomach that has become more pronounced in past few days.I had severe indigestion in just this corner last night which kept me awake.Should I be concerned about possible clot?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.There is a possibility of an infection or an abscess (collection of pus or fluid) in the area after removal. Sometimes, its just inflammation that can cause these symptoms. If you do not have a high grade fever with chills and rigors, then an abscess is least likely.The best course of action will be to get a lower abdominal ultrasound done to rule this out. Give your gut some rest. A low fiber diet for a few days and lots of water to keep yourself hydrated and free of constipation.Hope this helps.Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars.Let me know if you need any more information.Best.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
I see you gave me a negative rating. Is there something else that you wanted to know?
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There seems to be lack of knowledge of where

Implanon is used.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Did you have it inserted in your arm? or else where?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes my arm and no problems there

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Yes, and you had bleeding from the uterus?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes thats correct so where can possible infection be then?

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
The blood clots retained in the uterus can get infected. That is known as an infected hematoma, whenever there is excessive bleeding in from the uterus, there is always a chance of hematoma formation and that hematoma can get infected. It causes fever (high grade) accompanied with chills and rigors. If that is not the case, then this is likely to be inflammation of the uterus, and since the uterus lies in the pelvis alongside the peritoneum and the lower gut, this inflammation can irritate the gut causing cramping as well. The best course of action here will be to get an ultrasound done.Let me know if you need any more information.Best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
My pleasure to help out. Please come back if you have any queries. I'd be grateful if you could change the rating. Thank you.