Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

I am 80. I can't stay awake at any time and it's becoming

Customer Question

I am 80. I can't stay awake at any time and it's becoming a big problem. Looking it up on the web i began to wonder if I have narcolepsy. Don't dismiss this please. I found out that it is possible to have narcolepsy without sudden falls. I also found it can be connected to sleepwalking and sleep paralysis both of which I have suffered from all my life.When i was a child I drove my poor Mum to distress. I would remove all my mattress and blankets from my bed, i fell downstairs regularly. I sleepwalked while in th army. and when I was in hospital. I have had sleep paralysis since my teens and I thought it might have subsided but a few weeks ago while staying with my daughter I woke to find I couldn't move. When this happens I can only grunt for help. luckily she heard me and was able to shake me. Nowadays I cant even watch a 30 min recording without starting it again 3 times. Its a joke to everyone that as soon as I go anywhere I fall asleep. I sometimes think perhaps I would be better off not waking up.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Have you had a formal sleep study?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please cancel. I am pretty sure I am not going to get the help without it costing a fortune. At 80 most docs don't want to know unless limitless money is available. Sorry

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
That offer more offer was just automatic--it doesn't mean you have to pay any more Winifred and you aren't debited anything unless you rate my service positively when I give you and answer

I can help here but first I need to know if you've had a sleep study please