Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Doctor I'm back worrying again about this lump. I don't

Hi doctor I'm back worrying again about this lump. I don't have money for doctors and biopsies. It has been there well over 7 years. It is fixed to the neck muscle and is smooth and round less then 1cm. If u tell me not to continue to worry I'll try put my mind at rest.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.A lump of same size for 7 years is a benign or harmless lump.This can be a fatty tissue, or scar tissue or a cyst from the underlying skin layers.It can be a palpable lymph node can be normal in thin people.Do not worry about cancer or anything serious.By 7 years you would have seen several lumps with other symptoms like involuntary weight loss, severe anemia, persistent fever, infections etc.You do not need to sped money on biopsies, doctors either.In fact any doctor will agree that this is a benign lump nothing else.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank u doctor. I'm just fixated on it. I keep looking for problems in my body even though I feel fine physically.

Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Since you feel fine physically, this is just psychological issue.Do not worry.Best wishes,