DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have trouble sleeping as my job requires me to change sleeping

I have trouble sleeping as my job requires me to change sleeping patterns every few days. I have been to a doctor who prescribed me sleeping pills but she would only allow me to have 10 at a time. As it cost me €50 a visit just to speak to my doctor and the price of the prescription on top of that can be €70 I started looking at ways to get them cheaper online. I found websites like sleepingpillsdirect that post 30 sleeping pills for a much cheaper price. I would like to know if these websites are legal and what they give you are the same sleeping pills you would get from a pharmacy and also if they are safe. Also if I am just requiring a low dose sleeping pill what sleeping pill is recommended as I am aware they can become addictive?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
HelloIt is not legal to get such medications in most countries.If they require a prescription where you are, they are not legally if you get them on line.They are also dangerous if not monitored.They are not safe, as these sites have no regulation, and in fact you do not know what you are getting.Sleep meds can be addicting as can others, and going around your doctor can get you in trouble in many ways. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.