DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have difficulty sleeping and falling asleep. I am taking

I have difficulty sleeping and falling asleep. I am taking 6mg Valium and 1 mg lormetazepam
At night, and have done for 40 years. I obviously did not know then what I was letting myself in for, I am now 71 years old, and without adding a few stiff vodkas I am unable to
Go to sleep. Of course I realise that this is doing my brain and other organs no good, and
Have once or twice been given Zopiclone 7.5 mg for when I am desperate. My question is
Now: which does me less harm, the alcohol or the Zopiclone added to my normal dose of
Sleep aids?
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear dr. Izmir,
I don't feel I have had an answer from your moderate rat all.
Regards,
Mrs. B
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
The alcohol, without a doubt.
You need a sleep study.
You need a specialist.
The alcohol also disrupts the sleep cycle.
Please click a positive rating.
Let me know if you have more questions.
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.