Internist
Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  MBBS,MD (USA)Diplomate American Board of Internal Medicine
23050427

I suffer from severe depression and feel suicidal could you

Customer Question

I suffer from severe depression and feel suicidal could you help
Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,thanks for asking this question.i am sorry to hear about your problem, and i will be happy to answer your questions.do you have any guilt,loss of energy ? loss of interest in things which you previously enjoyed ?loss of concentration?do you feel low all the time or do you feel normal in between ?do you have suicidal thoughts alone or do you have any plans? this is an info request . please reply so i can help you. thanks
Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.
you seem to have major depression.you need hospitalization ( especially if you have suicidal intent and or plan ) if you have suicidal ideation alone but no intent or plan, you can be treated on outpatient basis.you needcbcesrtsh to rule out organic cause for depression.you need regular follow up with psychiatrist.you need SSRI ( like fluoxetin ) for at least 6 months.and short term alparazolam for sleep trouble on as needed basis.