Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have ghosting when things are moving (since February) and

Customer Question

I have ghosting when things are moving (since February) and my visual acuity is fine. I also have pulsatile tinnitus in one ear and disequilibrium. I also have a connective tissue disorder & multiple health issues. Do I need to see a neurologist.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi.The ghosting things are called floaters and they are caused by changes in the density of the vitreous humor--the jelly inside the eyeball. They aren't serious and aren't related to the tinnitus and the disequilibrium. As for those, yes you need to see a neurologist for an exam, a hearing test, and an MRI of your ear to look for an inner ear problem or perhaps an acoustic neuroma--a tumor of the hearing cranial nerve Let me know if you need more information please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't made myself clear, I don't have 'floaters@, things around me are ghosting when either those things are in motion (my arms for example0 or when I am moving in relation to fixed objects ( the edge of a wall etc) when I stop moving the ghost merges with the real object.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK. In that case you also need an MRI of your brain to look for optic nerve tumors