Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have a painful foot. Right this minute it is around my heel

I have a painful foot. Right this minute it is around my heel radiating up my Achilles but it does move.
I have had the pain for a few months and it comes and goes. I am on my feet all day at work and it gets very sore if I stop and sit down. First thing in the morning it is unbearable but I force myself to bear weight on it and once I start moving it eases a bit.
How serious is this?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi. There are two possibilities here--a heel spur--a comma-shaped extra bone growth on the calcaneous heel bone, or a combination of plantar and Achilles fasciitis--inflammation of the tendons. I wouldn't call it exactly serious but you may need a cortisone injection for it since what you've tried so far hasn't helped