Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

Have an emergency with my mum. her eyes have just gone swollen

have an emergency with my mum. her eyes have just gone swollen and red and has been for a week now. we were hoping that it would clear out but it seems to be be aching. she is only visiting this country and we would like to get her eyes checked. what can we do?
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, What is your question? What difficulty are you facing in getting her examined in the emergency?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my question is what do you think may be the cause of her swollen eyes and redness. she says it pricks her and it aches too. she is her on a visit and cannot get free health care. I am unsure the hospital can attend to her at all even if we are to pay so I need advice on that as the GPs are not opened till monday. thanks
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, Thanks for your reply. Your mother is likely suffering from conjunctivitis. For more details regarding this condition please see the below links: http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Conjunctivitis-infective/Pages/Introduction.aspx http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/pink-eye/basics/definition/con-20022732 You can take her to the emergency room of the hospital and surely they will examine her and treat her on a pay scale. She may require antibiotic eye drops. Take care.