DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

My 4 year old daughter is running a temperature it was 39.2

My 4 year old daughter is running a temperature it was 39.2 but has come down in the last half hour to38.5 what do I do
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloYou take her to her doctor if you think this is serious. However, if the fever is coming down, and there are no other symptoms, it is likely viral.Using acetaminophen is what most doctors would recommend....only as needed.fluids, rest, and a broth diet might also be recommended. If a fever continues to elevate...that is an immediate visit to the doctor.Or, if there are other disturbing symptoms. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.