Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Over the last 3 weeks i have incrediably itchey ankles feet

Over the last 3 weeks i have incrediably itchey ankles feet and sometimes even my legs. The ithcg is unbare able to iv have scratched to the point where i have removed skin. On my foor here is a large cut, almost looks like a burn right now, its painful to walk on if i dont put pressure on it, and it's caused my foot and ankle to swell up. Im new to the rown im in and i have called doctors but they atent taken any nee patients. Would you know whats causing the itch or how to treat the swolen foot at home?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
See photo below
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
do you have animals at home
you could be having flea bites from fleas on animals or on your carpet at home biting your ankles
you have scratched so much now you have open skin
you need a skin culture now to check for MRSA skin infection
and wound care by a doctor or nurse
this is more than what you can heal up at home
if you have fleas in your home, you need all of your animals treated for fleas and the home needs to be treated as well
you can use neosporin on the area and cover with telfa non stick dressing and paper tape
but you have to see a doctor for wound care
do you have a doctor you can see?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont have a doctor! Iv been looking a ound for one. I have already de flead my cat. And i still get itch. If it was fleas would my partner not be getting the same thing i have? I will get a doctor 1st thing tomorrow. I have been covering it up it bandages due to work so that probably hasn helped either.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you have to look for fleas in the carpet and furniture if your cat had fleas
use neosporin with bandages for now
do see a doctor first thing tomorrow
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board Certified Physician