Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Okay had sex with a lady today. None of the condoms leaked

Okay had sex with a lady today. None of the condoms leaked (filled with water)but at the end of her menstral cycle noticed on the condom. Oral sex with condom. Lot's of fingering with no protection. Didn't notice any cuts on fingers. Think I know the answer but in 3 months should I get the test for HIV or any other diseases. Also I believe peeled the condom off and sure I got fluid on my hand.
Understand always a 'theoretical risk' would rather have one with a realitic one. Lady comes from Nigeria (high infection area apparently)
Thanks just come out of a 15 year marriage all new.
Don't feel happy with myself only 3rd date.
G
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
that is good you wore a condom.
you are not at risk for HIV
you can get an HIV test in 3 months, but it will be negative, even if she was HIV positive.
the more sex partners you have, the more you increase your risks for herpes and HPV virus.
but you don't have to worry about HIV or gonorrhea or chlamydia or symphillis.
let me know if you have questions.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi- I totally disagree with Dr David's answer. Even with protected sex and checking the condom as you did we cannot possibly say the risk for HIV is zero and the CDC suggests yearly HIV testing even with protected sex. You need testing now and again in three months even if the first test is negative
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So these two replies make me more confused than before. In fact it's making me even more nervous than when I started using this service!! Question. Every time I have sex with a partner I should get a test???
I think I would go out of mind with worry. I'm now starting to believe I have caught it.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the confusion but I had to step in because you needed the correct answer here. While the chances are extremely low you caught HIV they simply aren't zero unless your partner was HIV negative. As for testing every time after sex an immediate test, if negative, would not mean you were negative since in may take three to six months to seroconvert. The standard practice, though, is to test immediately to assure that the patient is at least at present negative. I'll be more than happy to continue here if you need
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think then just to conclude I will always have safe sex and in 3 months time I will get the test. However weighing up the facts (and no-one knows for sure) but in my position would you lose sleep over it.G
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. DavidI was the first expert to help you.yes, you can get testing for HIV now.there are HIV DNA and RNA PCR tests which you can have done 10-20 days after exposure.but I bet you money that your testing will be negative.I would not loose sleep over worry for HIV.your HIV tests will come back negative.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloThe ELISA test at 3 months is the gold standard for HIV testing.The other tests are not as accurate and have a higher false negative rate.They are not recommended for screening as a first choice by the CDC.i must also agree with the second expert. Even if the condoms did not leak with water, a pore in a condom...normal finding, might not always stop HIV, although it probably stops over 90% to 99% of it.I am a double board certified US doctor. One of my certifications is internal medicine, and we are the doctors who primarily take care of HIV patients.If you read our profiles you can see our specialties. Yes, I think your risk of HIV is very very very low, less than 1/10 of 1% at this point, but not zero We are paid per positive rating on our particular post.Find me anytime for accurate and safe information.Do this by request and this will save time.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. DavidI was the first expert to help youthere is not one gold standard for HIV testing.it depends on the time from exposurecloser to exposure date HIV PCR testing can be used and HIV Duo tests which test for both antibodies and antigens can be used with 98-99% accuracy rates.after 2-6 months, HIV antibody tests can be used with 95-99% accuracy rates and are much less expensive tests.condoms are the best way to prevent HIV spread.I bet your HIV tests will continue to come out negative.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board Certified Physician