Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I've had a cold three weeks now and over the last

I've had a cold for about three weeks now and over the last week and a half started getting a lot of sinus pain and pressure around my forehead, nose, cheeks and upper teeth. A doctor prescribed me with Erythromycin as I am allergic to penicillin and since taking them I have been feeling very nauseous and the pressure is getting worse so I stopped them after two days. Now a day after stopping them I feel severe pressure in forehead, around eyes, cheeks and nose, it almost feels unbearable. I have pain in the back of my neck. I feel like I could just sleep all day even though I've just got up. I don't feel right in the sense that I feel completely out of it and feel extremely anxious, I feel like I can't move from feeling weak. I keep feeling like just bursting into tears and I keep getting intense feelings of suicide.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your concerns today.
I am sorry to hear about your problem.
I think that you are having sinus infection (sinusitis) which is not responding to antibiotic i.e. erythromycin.
You will, likely, require a change in this antibiotic and may require a stronger antibiotic to help with your infection.
A stronger antibiotic like levofloxacin or another drug in this group such as azithromycin.
So I would recommend that you should go back to your doctor and get another prescription to help with your infection.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Rate me by clicking on one of the stars when you are done asking.