Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I just arrived to see my 90 year old mother and she has bruised

I just arrived to see my 90 year old mother and she has bruised her face and other parts. She says that yesterday she thinks she blacked out and fell hard on the floor. She said she thinks it happened earlier in the afternoon when she was sitting down as well. She has early stage dementia and is on mementine. She has blood pressure tablets and on Friday had an injection in her right eye for wet AMD.
I am concerned that she may black out again. She is with me if you want to ask subsequent questions.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi. First off she needs to be seen by a doctor at an A&E as quickly as possible.While there may only be bruises there may also be fractures and I would also worry about her neck.Secondly she needs a thorough evaluation of her heart and she needs an MRI of her brain to make sure she hasn't hat either a stroke or a transient ischemic attack--a threatened stroke.Until she's thoroughly evaluated it is entirely possible she'll pass out again Let me know if you nee more information please