Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

There. I had a small sore in my forehead, which would not

Hi There.
I had a small sore in my forehead, which would not go away, one of the just answer doctors suggested I see my GP which I did, she thinks it may be skin cancer, and has referred me to the hospital with a view of cutting it out, first of all let me say something, most of the advice I have been given on medical terms have generally answered by doctors from the USA, who work a different system from the UK, we are treated by the NHS, unless we can afford to go private, most of us can not, so a lot of advice we get is to visit our Dermatoligist , etc, We can not go and see anyone without a referral from our GP,
I have been waiting two weeks at the moment to be seen, which here is not a long time, it could be many months before I actually get an appointment.
I have noticed two small sores, just above my collar bone, on the lower part of my neck,
accompanied with swelling just above them.
Does this sound like a symptom of the same thing, or is it liable to be something else, there is no pain to touch.
The next appointment I can get is in 4 weeks time, if it was related to skin cancer would the wait make any difference.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi. If first of all if you could post pictures of these on this page I can give you a full answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your help, I am not computer literate, and would not know how to do this, thank you anyway.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No problem George. Can you fully describe the sores?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The sore or marks are small slightly raised, and look like very pale moles

they are not in scab form like my forehead. they are not painful , the swelling above feels like fluid underneath to touch,

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Thanks George. This sounds like two different things and the pale mole-like areas are not the same thing as what's on your forehead. These sound like benign seborrheic keratoses and not cancer. There should be no problem with having to wait four weeks to have them looked at