Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

74 year old maleI have prostate and lymph node cancer.I

74 year old male I have prostate and lymph node cancer. I am on a course of female injections. I have recently had a p.s.a, test result and it as dropped to one ok, My question is are the female injections a cure, if so how long do i have to carry on having them' yours Mr Roland XXXXXXX

Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Androgen deprivation therapy aims at lowering your testosterone level below 50 and PSA below 3 usually.This helps to prevent any spread as well cure of the prostate cancer.Treatment is continued for at least a year continuously.Thereafter, the duration of your treatment depends on sustained response and again testosterone and PSA values.They are monitored every 3 months for 2 years usually. If they remain low and no radiological evidence of metastasis, you do not need the treatment longer.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/