Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Why do I have a very dry mouth intermittently?

why do I have a very dry mouth intermittently?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi. There are several possibilities here--DiabetesGastric acid refluxCertain medicationsA rare autoimmune disorder called Sjogren's syndromeThe best thing to do is to see your doctor about this and get blood work Let me know if you need more information please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I had reached the same conclusion - the answer was very basic and general moreover I was referred to my GP. This doesn't save time of anxiety - could and probably should have done that in the first place.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well the answer was basically correct Dawn and of course there's no way to determine the diagnosis without testing. But I'll be happy to continue the discussion if you'd like
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks I've made an appointment with my GP.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
The system says that you have opted out the other expert and requested a new expert, but I do not see any follow-up question.

Please let me know if there is any further information that you are seeking.
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience: Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.