Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

My girlfriend has herpes and she is by my side at present.

Customer Question

My girlfriend has herpes and she is by my side at present. She is 42 years old and she gets regular outbreaks which normally clear up in 2 weeks. However this time she was left with an angry blister in the skin area between the anus and the vagina. This small circular blister has a tear similar out a paper cut and the area is sore and angry. What can this be and what can she take to make it better. We have used witch hazel and antibiotic cream.she has had it for 3 weeks it is not weeping and there is no discharge. What can it be ?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
she is not taking anti virals?
does she have a picture of it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr Phil
She is not taking anti vitals and we do have a picture
She absolutely needs to be on anti virals. In fact, she should be on suppressive therapy I would recommend treating the acute attack with valtrex. Then maintain on valtrex 500 mg daily to suppress future outbreaks. This will also decrease transmission risk to you.
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience: GP in the United States
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The herpes infection has cleared up now....why is this area still lingering .do you need me to send you a photo so you can confirm it is nothing dinister
yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I send it to you do you have an email address . Is this secure and in confidential
email to***@******.*** or upload to photobucket and attach a link
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent the photo please confirm when you receive it thank you
I will. sometimes it takes a while this way. It has to go through the moderators. So I will get it in a few hours likely.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you Dr Phil I will keep the link open regards
ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any news
Have you received the photo yet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr Phil are you still online?
I haven't yet.can you put it on photobucket on an anonymous account and give me the link?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't know how to do that. You should have it. It was sent hours ago

sometimes it takes over a day to get it that way.can you attach to this chat box? it is anonymous. Your name isn't on the site or anything like that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am on an iPad so unfortunately no.
Hmm...if you go to photobucket.com and make a free account you can upload it there.then provide the link here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For security reasons I would rather not....I put the photo I sent with the reference of your name so once you get it please reply I will keep the link open thank you
try sending it a couple more times to that email. sometimes it gets overlooked.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok please let me know when you get it
you have my word that I will contact you immediately when I get it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr Phil did you receive the photo yet?
No I didn't. I have no clue what is going on. we need to try another medium.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok we will leave it and consult a local doctor
If I get it I promise I will get back to you. try sending it one more time to***@******.***
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok sent it again lets hope
keeping my fingers crossed!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr Phil any luck
nothing yet
I got the picture Doug.
It is so blurry I can't see anything
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You should be able to see the tear
It is VERY blurry. I can see a tear but I can't see it in any detail to see what it is
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks we will refer it to a local doctor

ok you are welcome :)