Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Doctor
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice.
13711182

I had unprotected sex on August 8th I took the morning after

Customer Question

I had unprotected sex on August 8th I took the morning after pill on the 10th my period was due around the 16th but ended up coming on august 23rd Instead I then had unprotected sex with someone else on September 3rd and took the pill on the 4th I am now 6 weeks and 2days pregnant and its due on 29/05/16 according to my scan and I don't know who I am pregnant for.
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.
Your ultrasound due date of May 29 gives you a conception date of about September 6.So you could not be pregnant from August 8. You could be pregnant from September 3, and if that's the only day you had sex around that time, then that's when you got pregnant.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So that would make me 4 weeks pregnant like I originally thought and not 6 weeks

It makes you 6 weeks the way we measure pregnancies.Pregnancy dating (including ultrasound dating) is by tradition measured from last menstrual period. So when we say you're 6 weeks pregnant, we mean that you got pregnant 4 weeks ago, and your presumed last period was 6 weeks ago.
Thank you for your payment and rating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you so much you have cleared up so much for me the doctors couldn't give me a clear answer he just told me the computer does the calculations not him and left me so much more confused than when I walked in your a life saverūüėä

You're very welcome.

Thank you for the kind words.