Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I received a text message from the NHS this morning asking

I received a text message from the NHS this morning asking me to "Kindly contact us in one of our results clinics". I missed the one hour window in which you're allowed to get results, one hour a day seems absurd, and now my mind is racing about what it could possibly be.
I had an STI 3 months ago and my immediate results were clear but apparently it takes about 3 months to pick up HIV in the blood so now I am convinced I have that. Is there anything else it could be?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi. The results--whether negative or positive--have to be reported directly to you so that doesn't mean the test is positive. So there really is no reason for you to worry here--all it will take will be for you to contact them during the one hour window
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ah okay. I was almost certain I ticked a box that said "If the results are negative we'll tell you in the text message." But maybe I'm misremembering? I also, rather stupidly, googled the symptoms of HIV and saw two of them were diarrhoea and night sweats, both of which I have quite regularly - but those could be completely separate issues?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Totally separate issues and not really common symptoms for HIV. I feel certain you're negative--it just will involve getting in touch with them at the proper time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much. You have calmed me no end!