Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I started IVF with my husband. (long cycle) Unfortunately after

I started IVF with my husband. (long cycle) Unfortunately after egg fertilisation they found only two eggs. (They are frozen now) On that day they checked my husband fresh semen, and two frozen ampullas. They did not find anything, so my cycle is stopped now. On the first consultation doctor told us, there is very low chance being pregnant from him. Probably they do not find anything during the next microtese. Maybe we should think about donor bank. On the second consultation doctor was coming with another one, and they advised to start everything from the beginning, and give one more chance for him, and more eggs for me. I feel it contradicts. Can you give me advise, what should I do? It sounds like everything about the money...
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I understand your problem hereFirst question here--were you put on Clomid?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, but on the second consultation I got contraception pills for 3 month, but I did not understand really, why it is need.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
It is a medication to cause you to produce more eggs than you are. I suggest you ask about that since that should provide usable eggs for the IVF. That would be preferable over your using the donor bank.
Let me know if you need more information please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand it, thank you. Just one more question. Doctor asked me about contraception, what I used before, and he wrote it for 3 months. But I did not understand him really, why it is necessary. And still hesitate, shall I listen to him, and start new IVF for 5000 pound, or cancel that, and try to use these two frozen eggs with sperm donor?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I see no reason for the contraceptive pills.
At this point I think the sperm donor is a better idea
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for your information. By the way two frozen eggs can be enough?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Yes that should be enough
Let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All right, thank you very much. I will rate the service.