Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I am 60. I got on a bus and within minutes I became disorientated

I am 60. I got on a bus and within minutes I became disorientated didn't know where I was or why I was there ...felt very peculiar....it lasted a few minutes and since then I have felt not quite right
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for query,There are many causes of such disorientation, can be posture hypotension related but very important thing to rule out is you might had transient ischemic attack that is loss of blood supply to your brain for a moment. It is common in diabetics and hypertensive patients in your age. I would suggest you must visit your doctor as soon as possible to have thorough neurological examination and imaging of brain as it can be a warning sign for future such events.Best to get it evaluated to rule out anything serious.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.