DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

My 9 year old son eats his own poo is violent towards me and

My 9 year old son eats his own poo is violent towards me and his siblins but Camhs has turned us down saying this is not mental health were can i seek help for my son
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloHas the GP seen him and filled out forms?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Gp has refeared to camhs school refered to camhs comunity peed refered but the just wont help no appointment nothing
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
I understand, but have you been back to the GP about this problem?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
What diagnosis has the GP given?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Non we get past from post to post to differant services who cannot jelp as we are told
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
OKYou have to have a diagnosis from the GP.Then he can refere to CAMHSThe service covers emotional and behavioral problems.If , for example, the GP will say, anxiety disorder, or any other disorder, then it should be covered.You should talk to CAMHS yourself and ask what their criteria is exactly.Get the GP to fulfill this requirement. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.