Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

My 3.5 years old sun keeps getting stuffy nose it comes

Hi my 3.5 years old sun keeps getting stuffy nose it comes and goes for the last year nearly every 2 weeks we have tried to steamers in his room daily hover every place in the house every day and washing his bed close every day also we brought his to gp who prescribed antI hestamine and anti bauotics. The real problem is when his nose stuffy while is a sleep it gets into the back of his troaght and cause a cough which some times it wake him up and we are up with him every night . Why dose it keep coming back and how could we treat it ? I heard about a syrpe call sunupert would it help him thanks
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Sunepert syrup might help him but it sounds like this is a allergy problem and I suggest you ask his doctor about giving him Singulair on a daily basis that should keep this from happening over and over again
Let me know if you need any more information please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok great but what is singulair? Do I need prescription to get it ? How do we be sure if he got allergy is there test for it . Dose my son conditions serious illnesses?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
It's an allergy medication that isn't related to antihistamines and it is by prescription.
Yes, and allergist specialist can do skin patch testing on him to find out exactly what he's allergic to and then can give him desensitizing injections to rid him of that allergy.
But no, this isn't a serious illness that he has
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks hope it will work
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks you sir wish if you were here in ireland . God bless you
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
My pleasure entirely but please click on the smiley face icon that says excellent service--that's the only way I get compensated for the work I've done for you