Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Getting dull thumping headache on right side of head, affecting

getting dull thumping headache on right side of head, affecting eye and side of face on regular basis, eye gets to stage where it is nearly shut, pain goes thru to back of head, any suggestions?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
I am sorry you are having such bad headaches.
you could be having migraine headaches which will require treatment for migraines such as imitrex or topamax. these are prescription migraine headache medications which can help prevent migraine headaches and treat migraine headaches.
you could also be having ocular migraine headaches as well.
you need to see your GP doctor and get these headaches evaluated.
you might also need a brain MRI scan as well to be sure
do you have a GP doctor you can see about these headaches and to see if migraine headache medications can help you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the problem i have is getting to see a doctor, i am led to believe taking paracetamol on regular basis can make problem worse?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
no, taking paracetamol on a regular basis would not make migraines or headaches worse.but paracetamol may not be effective in treating your migraine headaches if indeed you have migraines.why do you have a problem in getting to see a doctor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
work and doctors always busy, never seem to be able to get an appointment
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you need to find time to see a doctor.or else you will continue to suffer with these headaches. you need blood testing and thyroid hormone testing and neurological evaluation and eye examination and sinus examination to see what might be causing these headaches.you don't want a problem to go undiagnosed.do see a GP doctor as soon as you canlet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com