DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hyperprolactinemia penis shrink risperdal anti psychotics

Hyperprolactinemia penis shrink risperdal anti psychotics atypical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Hellowhat is your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My penis has shrunk from use of atypical anti psychotic Risperdal

I took 248mg in total and slowly noticed shrinking and pain I was very unwell at the time of using it

When I came off risperdal the pain in groin took a while to g

Is this shrinkage because of prolactin is it reversible what can I do do you have any advice as I'm pretty shocked by it my penos has lost a lot of length and testicles feel tight plus no libdo

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
There is no way the penis would actually lose length.
What did your doctor say about this"?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

He's very shocked after seeing it he can't understand why but the more I took risperdal the more pain and smaller it would get along with testicles. It was like a tingling sensation inside penis doc said no infection present

I'm guessing prolactin is the cause? I do suffer from rare side effects from most meds I take this one scares me.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Prolactin would not decrease the lenght of your penis./
Did you have any injuries
Are you over weight, did you gain weight?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Nope no other issues healthy young man, the shrinking began on week 2 of risperdal I stopped using it then went back on risperdal and again aching and shrinking continued

I hear hyperprolactinmia can reduce testicles and penis on rare occasions??? I was not made aware of prolactin by my hospital who prescribed this stuff

I've lost most my penis length from risperdal use also a weird vein appears on it I'm guessing this is from estrogen and lack of testosterone

I've gained some weight also from the atypical

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
OK
What is your medical question at this point
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

!y question is can a shrinking penis recover from this atypical use? Will the length restore? What should I do

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
It is an unknown.There is no medical evidence that prolactin or any drug will actually decreasepenis lenght.The best thing is to stop the drug and see.There is no method medically of increasing penis length.I would suggest that you see:a, a urologistb. an endocrinologist. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

thanks

I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.