DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I am just recovering from my third bout (although 7 years apart)

Customer Question

I am just recovering from my third bout (although 7 years apart) of idiopathic acute pancreatitis. I am due back at the hospital in 2 weeks and would like an idea of what to ask, please. Should I ask for a gastroscopy? More blood tests for particular hormones? Anything else? Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Forgot to say that I am also losing weight at the rate of 1lb per day
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Idiopathic means cause unknown.
There is no hormonal testing need.
Why do you say that might I ask?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
OKHave not heart back from you.I suggest you find out if you can have an MRCPIf this has not been done.Small stones in the ducts can be missed, unless you have had ERCP or MRCPThis could be a reason for recurrent pancreatitis.OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had an MRI the last time I suffered pancreatitis which showed no sign of any stones or gravel. I do realise what ideopathic means and have not found your response helpful in the least. I will not be using just answer again and do not want to pay any further subscription to ask questions to which I do not get a satisfactory response.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Experts have nothing to do with subscriptions or any of that.
By the way, MRCP is not an MRI.
MRI is not adequate for ruling out stones in the pancrease ducts.
You can actually come on and find me by request, as needed.
Please click a positive rating though, as this is the only way we are paid and can be experts.
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your latest email. I am going to have an MRCP next month.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
GreatFind me any time in the medical category for correct answerUse a request lock and "for Dr. Thomas only" in the title