Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Me and my husband been trying to convince April up to

Customer Question

Me and my husband been trying to convince April up to September this month since having depo should I have a check up
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
When did you receive the Depo shot?
I had asked for some further information and have not heard back.
If you have the Depo shot shortly before starting to try to conceive, it would have affected most of this 6 month period of time and you would clearly not need any evaluation at this point.
If the Depo shot was long before this 6 month period, o that it would not have an effect on this 6 month period, then the only issue is the 6 month period, and the previous Depo shot does not enter into the consideration.
For most couples, an infertility evaluation would be considered only after 12 months of trying to conceive. However, there are some circumstances in which an evaluation at 6 months may be reasonable. The most common reason is for couples that previously had difficulty conceiving. It also may be worth considering an evaluation in couples that are somewhat older, as there is only so many years if fertility, and the fertility specialists may be less likely to desire a full 12 month trial of conception by natural means.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I has depo March 2014 and I was due my second shot of depo due on June 2014 but I didn't have it done in got my period October 2014 only for one day and then got my peroid again December 2014 and got my peroid again March 2015 and April got a normal period up to September this month
The fact that you missed some periods for several months after the anticipated Depo shot was not taken is not a concern. The periods for the last 6 months, though, might warrant further evaluation.
If by normal period up to September, you mean that you were having monthly periods from March 2015 until September, then this does not warrant any further evaluation.
However, if you mean that you did not have another normal period after April 2015 until September, that would be more of a concern, and it would be appropriate for you to be seen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had a normal period April 2015 to September 2015How long will it talk for me to get pregnant
It is impossible to know. The reason that an infertility evaluation is typically not done until a couple has tried for a year, as I said above, is because some normal couples can take up to a year to get pregnant. Most will get pregnant in the first 6 months, but it is partly just random luck whether a couple will get pregnant quickly or not.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long do u get pregnant after one shot of depo
The Depo shot has nothing to do with it at this point. The period of time up to a year is for all normal couples.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What u mean
The Depo shot is likely the reason for the abnormal menstrual patterns though March of 2015, but since the periods have been regular since then, the effect of the Depo shot is past and is no longer an issue. You are now subject to the statistics of getting pregnant just like every other normal couple, and it may take up to a year.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about my fertility
There is no reason to assess your fertility until you have tried for a year from when the periods were regular again in March/April 2015.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is Is possible i could get pregnant now I got aches and pains
Yes. Aches and pains typically will not cause infertility.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So could I be pregnant
If your period is late, then you could be pregnant.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do u mean I can be pregnant December this month
This month is not December. However, you could potentially get pregnant any month.
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience: Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had depo injection last March 2014 got my period October 2014 only for one day got my next period December 2014 got my next period marah 2015 and I had a normal period April 2015 up to October this month and when I got my normal period in April me and my partner as been trying to convince up to October 2015 this month but not conceiving
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Help me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And is been ten months now since I didn't get the injection done again
I addressed this above.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If am having my periods every month would I be pregnant soon
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My husband smokes and chews
This is addressed above.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it save to use conceive easy
That is a separate issue and according to the rules of JustAnswer, it would need to be posted in a new question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I keep on geting stabing pains in my belly
That is also a separate issue, so would need to be posted in a new question.