Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I tend to get angry and fidgety really fast and

Customer Question

i tend to get angry and fidgety really fast and for reasons i shouldn't. for example if me or someone else is doing something that they have to be patient for i get fidgety and angry iif it doesnt happen quick or with ease. let me give you an example, the other day i was with my friend who was getting his stitches removed and when the doctor was removing the stitches with the tweezers, if the doctor couldnt get the stitches out the first try with the tweezers i couldnt watch anymore and i would get fidgety and feel like i need to punch something. I just wanted to know if this is common and if it has a name and also if its anything serious that i need to visit a doctor for.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
Thanks for this question
do you have issues with depression or anxiety?
How do you do in school?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i dont have depression i dont think but i have anxiety sometimes but rarely and in school i would say i am above average
I think this is a form of anxiety.I do think it needs treatment. Meds can helpI would go with zoloft 25 mg daily
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hmm by anxiety i meant i get nervous sometimes but its nothing more and also to give you another example, if i cant control something or not do it porperly or even wait i get really angry, like if someone is trying to put a thread through a needle in 2 or 3 tries i will not be able to look at them anymore or if its my trying to put the thread through i would just through it away and my hands will start shaking
I think that is a form of anxiety. Yes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if you dont mind could you tell me what type of anxiety this is?
It is a situational anxiety. You transfer the anxiety of the situation to yourself for some reasonThis can be treated with medication and counseling can help too
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much

welcome