Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have really sore areas of skin near my anus.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your concerns today.
I am sorry to hear about your problem.
Is there any reddish discoloration of the skin associated with the sore areas of skin near your anus?
Since how long are you having this?
If there is any rash, can you possibly send a picture on here for me to have a look at and give you a better opinion?
Do you have any other medical problems?
Are you on any medications for anything?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi I have not had a look as difficult to view. I am not on any medications.it feels wet and sore.and it is sore right up to my coxix
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Sounds like a skin infection from what you are telling me.Most likely a bacterial infection but there is also a possibility of a fungal infection particularly if you also have a bit of itching.The best thing to do would be to get yourself examined to confirm the diagnosis and then be given a prescription of an antibiotic or an antifungal medication or both.Meanwhile you can try using OTC Daktacort skin cream to see if that would help with your problem.Along with that also use something like Augmentin 625 mg three times a day for five days.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the stars.Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the info. Just so you know I was putting sudo creme on it and it helped a bit.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is sudo creme advisable.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
There is no harm in using the sudocrem.
Let me know if you have more questions.