DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Stupidly on a very drunk night out my husband and

Customer Question

Stupidly on a very drunk night out my husband and I received oral sex from a stranger and nothing else but I am terrified of the risks of doing this in the clear light of day, I have seen that there is something called pep and wondered whether we would be eligible to receive this treatment?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
HelloProphylaxis for HIV would not typically be used for oral sex, where the risk is almost zero.It would also have to be started within 72 hours. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It would be within 72 hours if we started it today, I am absolutely terrified and horrified at our behaviour. Would the NHS give it to us if we requested it or is your advice that it isn't worth it?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
I doubt they will for oral sex.However, that is up to your GP or an A&E doctor to determine.I highly doubt they will. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So in your professional opinion it isn't worth me persuing this?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
I can not tell you without examination and taking a complete history.That has to be assessed by a doctor in person, and we do not replace that on line, for obvious reasons. The risk of HIV from oral sex is less than 1/10 of 1%; and some would say less than 1/100th of one percent.It is unlikely that you need the prophylaxis. please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.