DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

My girlfriend experienced a bad headache starting yesterday

Hi - my girlfriend experienced a bad headache starting yesterday which got gradually worse throughout the day - in the evening it got worse and she didn't want to move. The pain was made worse with moving around. The pain was relieved with paracetamol slightly but returned this morning. She has felt light headed today as welling as having waves of clammyness / sweat. She feels better this evening. She experienced the same symptom 4 months ago. She also has a slight ache in the neck that was present before the headache and is also wearing off. She also suffers from labarynthitis (from time to time though not sure if this is related). Help please!
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your concerns today. I am sorry to hear about your problem. Has she had any tests done for this as yet like a CT scan of the head? Has she been seen? Does she have any other medical problems? Is she on any medications for anything? What is her age? Please let me know. Kind regards

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
HelloAny new headache like this, particularly with these symptoms, must be immediately evaluated.You want to rule out bleed, encephalitis and meningitis.Go to A$E emergency.OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Sorry I wanted to ask only about her age not gender which was a typing error.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She's had it before 4 months ago - this evening her symptoms have gone
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
See my comment that this could be cervical spine disease, or migraine. If indicated by exam, she needs MRI of the spine.This is often missed.Run this and the word atypical migraine by her doctor.Please click a positive rating.Asking her gp to refer to a specialist might also be a good idea.The rating scale is at the top of my answer page.See my add services offer as well.
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.

thanks

I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.

Find me for follow up and let me know how it goes, what her doctor finds, etc.